Monday, June 14, 2010

Beijing Sites!

WOW!! I have seen so many wonderful things here, and met some very nice people! Although the Hutong experience wasnt the greatest I am very glad I was able to really see how the people here live. Now that I am in the more modern area of Bejing it is very easy to walk or take a subway to some of the beautiful sites. In the last few days I have been able to visit the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, 2008 Olympic Stadium, and some other wonderful sites. The Forbidden City is where the Emperors and other important people lived and worked. The Summer Palace was their vacation spot and where they went to play. The buildings are very very beautiful and there is alot to see! Today I experienced pushy sales people at the Silk Market, bargaining with them was alot of fun, and I came out with some pretty good deals! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment